Monday, December 28, 2020

"All I ever really want to know is how other people are making it through life--where do they put their body, hour by hour, and how to they cope inside of it."

"I clicked through all the pictures Brigitte had taken so far. What was I looking for? I supposed I was looking for calendars. More pictures of calendars. And there they were. Everyone had them, and they were all hardworking calendars. They seemed weirdly compulsive for a moment, as if I'd stumbled on a group of calendar fanatics, and then I remembered that we all used to have these, until very, very recently. We all laid our intricately handwritten lives across the grid and then put it on the wall for everyone to see. For a split second I could feel the way things were, the way time itself used to feel, before computers."

It Chooses You, Miranda July